Brayden's 8th Birthday!

I can't believe our little boy is now 8! November 3, 2000 was the 2nd happiest day of our lives...the day Brayden William Nelson was born. He was such a beautiful and tiny baby...only weighing in at 4lbs 14oz and 18 inches long. Brayden was born 5 weeks early and was the smallest baby I had ever held. He was so tiny until he stayed in premie clothes until he was 4 months old. He had blue eyes and the little bit of hair he had was dark brown. He loved to grunt when he was sleeping..something that really freaked me and Noni out on several occassions, until we learned that it was just Brayden's way of talking in his sleep. He was the most beautiful baby I had ever laid eyes on and I loved him so very much. We had numerous nick-names for him when he was a baby....Bubba, Bubbalicious, Peanut, Doodle-buggy and the list just keeps going. Brayden is one of the smartest kid's I know and he has a genuine love for the gospel and for our Heavenly Father. He is such a special part of our family and we love him so much!

Brayden LOVES his Sony PSP and so for his birthday, we bought him a couple games and an accessorie for his PSP. He was SO excited to see what he got!

Brayden is so excited to be Baptized! His baptism will be this Sunday and we are so happy for him! We are going to have a wonderful baptism and party for him and I can't wait!! Check back next week to see the photos from his baptism.

We Love You Brayden!!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Happy 8th Birthday to that handsome big boy. I can't believe it has already been 8 years since he made his grand appearance on that chilly November night. I loved the part where we got to go and pick up Grandma from the airport! That was a blast! We would just love to be able to see him get baptized...too bad the we are so far away!

We love you guys and hope all goes perfect on Brayden's big day!

Em

Anonymous said...

thanks for sticking up for me on my blog! landon and I are both a little worried and very concerned about obama. I guess we will just have to wait and see. Your kids are darling! Can't wait to meet you in person next month!

Anonymous said...

for sure! its jessica.vallem@gmail.com
talk to you later!

Lynners said...

So cute! I loved this post. Thanks for sharing the fun memories!